Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 medium heads of garlic
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 900g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 55g butter, softened
- 120ml milk, heated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Drizzle the garlic with olive oil, wrap it in foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour until soft.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, add the diced potatoes and boil until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add the butter and milk.
- Cut the garlic in half and squeeze the softened cloves into the potatoes.
- Mash together until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.