Roasted Garlic with Balsamic Vinegar & Olive Oil
- 4 or 5 medium sized heads of garlic, one per person
- 4 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- a pinch each of mixed herbs, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Carefully cut across the top of each head of garlic, taking off the pointy bits.
- Arrange the heads of garlic in a roasting tin.
- Mix the vinegar, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper and pour it over the exposed tops of the garlic.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour. When the garlic is soft and squeezable, it is ready.
Serve with melba toast, crusty bread or crackers.