Making your own, refreshing lemonade couldn't be easier! This recipe is so easy to make, you'll wonder why you've never tried it before. The trick here is to make a simple syrup first so that all the sugar is dissolved completely. The rest - easy peasy!
This is the fourth post in my Drinks Series.
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar (or less if you like it less sweet)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 - 4 cups of cold water to dilute syrup (or to taste)
- Heat the water and sugar in a small saucepan until sugar is completely dissolved. (I do this in the microwave oven.)
- Squeeze the juice from about 6 to 8 lemons, enough to make one cup. Strain the juice through a fine sieve into the syrup and stir.
- Add the 3 to 4 cups of cold water to a jug. Add the lemon syrup and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes until well chilled. Serve with lots of ice and a slice of lemon.